Demo Blog

Top priority?

by wenn on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When I was planning my ever so perfect plan A or any other plans on that matter, I never really did take my ability to adapt into account. I naively thought that time could cure anything but reality has proven otherwise.

A few days before, I finally get to meet up with my high school friends. Only when I've met them that I knew how much I missed them. How important they truly were. And I'm not just talking about close friends. Even those hello-bye friends brought relief with their presence. Something that the Taylor's bunch haven't had the ability to give me yet I never thought friendship weighed so much for me.

It's only going to be 18 months in Taylor's. Then, I'll be off somewhere else, fending for myself and my future. Alone. I know that they will be there but not always as even my own shadow leaves me in the dark. Only now did I realise none of my I-thought-were-flawless plans include making new friends or keeping the old ones. I can't imagine what my life would be like then.

All of this leads to the fork in the road. There was only one path in front of me before. Now, there are numerous. How should I choose, knowing that I will come to regret my choice? The never chosen paths will forever be better than the ones I already had.

Confusion. Worry. Frustration. Despair. Ignorance.
0 comments more...

0 comments