Demo Blog

the little things.

by wenn on Friday, August 24, 2012

It's that day of the year again. The day that is full of surprises and miracles. And maybe some of my more close-to-Earth wishes might come true. Since it's my day, I shall allow myself to fantasize for a while. I know my skills aren't that great and have probably been so under-polished that it's impossible to speed my fingering anymore. Oh, well. But I still want a new instrument. I'm desperately craving for an Irish Tin Whistle. And an escapade would be nice to release me from all these tiring studying, without having anything on my conscience. Unrealistic ones, I shall keep to myself.

I have a whole day to myself. Should I be responsible and carry out my obligations or just focus on the present? Asking the question was only to prove to mind that I'm still sane, which might not last for long.

Growing up does has it excitement. But the dark side of it sometimes outweigh its counterpart. Yes. When I was little, my world was simple and has nothing but happy moments, the only sorrow I had was not being able to reach the books I desired on the then-gigantic bookshelves that could have collapsed on me anytime. Now that I'm 18, everything became complicated and I found myself hopelessly inane to handle the complexity. Of course it didn't happen overnight that I changed my perception of the world. It was a long and deary journey. The world is so delicate and has been so harshly handled that the flaws are countless. Therefore, I now found myself to be irreversibly attracted to the simplicity of the fictional worlds that are my only sanctuary. And as I grew up, I became a slave to emotion. I hate myself for being so easily swayed by emotions. The good ones, I would treasure. But more often than not, they tend to be bad ones that disturn my routine. Yet another large obstruction in making my decision.

Somewhere in all those nights and little gestures, I fell into the crevasse that I have been so cautiously avoiding.
0 comments more...

0 comments