Demo Blog

emotion

by wenn on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sometimes, I wonder if it would be better for me to not be in science. From my own observations of myself over so many years of science, I found only traces of myself that fits the descriptions of science student while most of me is just too obsessed with art-related topics. 
Science students have to have an analytical and reason-driven mind, which means emotion has minimal effect on them. As far as I'm concerned, that just means that they will find answers to their question whether they are helped or otherwise. They are also never satisfied with vague answers. Everything has to be clear and straight to the point. 
Me? I have never strive hard enough for anything to blossom. My only passion that has lasted the years was my love for reading. I just love the way simple sentences sway my feeling and take away everything that bothers me. Basically, reading is my only escape from reality, somewhere, if I have the chance, I would not want to return to. Reality is just too complicated for me. There's too much to worry about. As much as they claimed that the modern world is driven by science, it's still overflowed with emotions. Emotion is so delicate, and it's too much for mere human to control. 
Do I love science as much as I think I do?
1 comments more...

1 comments

  • Natnat

    Arlo, who says scientific people aren't emotional or affected by it as much as others are? They're probably just the same as everybody else, it's just a matter of expressing it or not. :) There's no fixed criteria that you must meet to be a "science person", as long as you love what you're doing, go for it , and don't worry about your incompatibility.