Demo Blog

You seemed like an interesting person.

by wenn on Saturday, October 1, 2011

So, trial ended.
Conclusion, there goes my 18k
The more I studied, the more I felt them slipping through my hand.
I don't even know if I can get 1k.

During 25 Sept, I was still torn between going and not going to the interview.
So, I make a daring choice.
I'm glad I did.
After the briefing, from which I know I'm the first of Group B, we were led to a series of corridor, the others were assigned to their specific interview rooms in threes. But I was the only one called to mine. When I opened the door which I hoped was somehow locked but wasn't, A blonde guy was sitting at the other end of the room. My interviewer, Easton Hanna. Canadian.
Great. Just great.

Some fun stuff.
Him: Why is there so much exams in Malaysia? (Not a question)

Me: No offence. But I don't really like America.
Him: It's okay. I'm not American. Me neither.

During the whole interview, I was speaking broken English, with pauses here and there. Come to think of it now, there's also quite a lot of funny/weird answers which I definitely would not use in my writing. Totally embarrassing! This might actually cost me the scholarship. Can I reverse the time? Speaking of time, It was so surprising that the session lasted for an hour. Have I really spoken that much? Hmm...

Well, although I did badly and probably didn't stand a chance against all those SMK students. I'm still hoping. Anyway, this was my first interview and I'm really glad I went. Every fragment of details was still fresh in my mind. Well, that just proved how embarrassing it was.
And the title. It was a statement he kept repeating. Yea, I know he's just pep-talking me.
Oh, and he kept telling me to sell myself.

I've been waiting for a week to blog about this. It's just plain exciting to be recalling it now. Even more breathtaking than finishing trial.
If only I could speak like I write. Sigh.
I do really need to speak more English. Seriously.
1 comments more...

1 comments