Demo Blog

Commitments

by wenn on Friday, February 24, 2012

Congratulation on being chosen into the Editorial Board. 
We regret to inform you that your application to PreMed Society committee was unsuccessful.
So, how should I react? I got what I loved but not what I need.

I had the honour of being able to make it into the second selection of the PreMed committee. For the passed 3 days, we have been through hell. Literally. It was stressful, worrying about all those things. But at the same time, it was a great experience. When I was in high school, I never did seize the opportunity to organise an event, which was a great experience I would definitely want to try again. We did great. How could we not get anything? That exact moment when I opened the reply and saw "sorry to inform you". I was devastated. I wanted to be in a committee badly and I did go to great extent to achieve this. And now, I feel like my world is ending. Losing this application means lesser chance of getting scholarships and considering the tuition fees, my dream is another enormous step away. Now, the only way to gain my best chance was to get Best Across Three Subject in the world. I can't even top 24 normal people. How am I suppose to get Best Across with all those geniuses out there? Why u no let me be vp?

Well. Today wasn't all that bad. I did get a piece of good news. I got into the Editorial Board. I do feel happy since I have the chance to write again. But that was just what I like, not what I need. But since I didn't get what I need, I might as well do what I like and do it well. Maybe it could make my testimonial shine by a little. But I know it won't be as good as being in the Executive Committee.

Is fate trying to talk to me? That I shouldn't be heading down this road? I will be persistent but do I have the means to?
The first step of studying medicine is to be able to afford the tuition fees. If not scholarships, how the hell will I even have the chance?
0 comments more...

0 comments